Monday, July 21, 2008

Time?!

Sorry it's been so long since my last post. When I'm on the computer I usually read everyone else's and forget about my own. I can't believe July is almost over already. The last couple months have been sort of surreal. Since John doesn't have a job yet and we've been doing fun things like camping, going to the zoo, movies, lagoon,parks and a lot of swimming it kind of feels like we are on vacation and any day we will be leaving to go back to reality.
We have been doing a lot of work on the house. My dad and my uncle(who pours cement for a living) came over last week and helped us extend the patio in the back. We've also been trying to dig weeds and rocks out the yard. The dirt is so hard though it's like trying to dig in cement. I think that when we get back into a routine it will help a lot.
Shilee started 1st grade today and John went in to take a test for a job interview. I also have a visiting teaching route now and am meeting more people. I ended up staying in the nursery on Sunday because Enoch will NOT stay in by himself. He even cries when I just stand up to stretch. He started out so good but I think the move and all the new people kind of freaked him out a little. Hopefully it will get better.
I still need to post pictures of the house. I have sort of been waiting until everything is nice and clean and the pictures are all up on the walls and the place is nicely decorated. Yeah right! That's never going to happen. I guess it will just have to be real life pictures.
Oh no it's after dinner time. John just came and told me he's feeding the kids graham crackers and bananas because they were getting hungry. That's o.k. I have a migraine and don't feel like cooking anyway. I've been pretty good about trying to fix nice healthy dinners but sometimes you just gotta let it go. My expert (ha ha) advice for the day.

1 comment:

The Calvert Family said...

It sounds like you've been enjoying unemployment. We miss you guys. I don't actually now when we are going to be able to make it to Utah next, but we'll definitely come see you when we can.

John Williams Tribute