Well, Shilee has pneumonia. I took her to the doctor Tuesday because she was coughing really bad, she had a fever and she couldn't breathe deep. When she did she said her chest hurt. She was really lethargic and she had the chills. The doctor sent her for a chest x-ray. Looking at the x-ray he couldn't tell if it was viral or bacterial pneumonia. He did an abuteral treatment in case there was some asthma going on and that didn't work. It was really scary, he was on the verge of sending her to the hospital because her oxygen saturation was low. Finally he decided to give her a shot of antibiotics because he really thought it was walking pneumonia which is a bacteria. He gave us a prescription for more antibiotics and told us to come back the next day if there was no change. Thankfully when Shilee woke up on Wed. her fever was gone and she had more energy but the cough was worse and her chest still hurt so I took her back to the doctor just to be on the safe side. He said that since she was looking better that the medicine was working and gave us a second prescription so she could double up on her antibiotics since she had diarrhea as well. I'm so glad she didn't end up in the hospital. Today she's still coughing a lot but she's running around and playing. It makes me all the more grateful that my kids are generally pretty healthy.
On the fun side, John brought home the 4th Fablehaven book. We have to take turns reading it because we both love the series.
3 comments:
I am sorry she is so sick! That is scary. I haven't read Fablehaven yet. I just read The Hunger Games
That is scary. I'm glad she is getting better.
I am sorry she was sick! Glad she wasn't in the hospital! That would have been hard.
Post a Comment