Monday, May 18, 2009

Little scare

Well I had a little bit of a scare last week. On Thursday I started bleeding a little and having some cramping. I freaked out. You must realize that with my other three I didn't bleed AT ALL. It was just like my miscarraige. So I called the doctor right away. I couldn't get in until the next day so I spent a tense night worrying. I got to the office the next morning and my sweet John was there. I thought he had gone to work but he decided he needed to be there. I had to see a midwife because the doctors not in on Fri. She did an ultrasound and we immediatly saw the baby moving all over the place. The heart was beating and everything looked good. I was so relieved that my legs were shaking as I left. Apparently it's a pretty normal occurance. A lot of women have bleeding during their pregnacy. She told me I probubly irritated the cervix and just to take it easy for about a week. Hopefully I can excercise without having problems. I only want to gain 30 pds. max this pregnancy. (We'll see!)

3 comments:

The Calvert Family said...

Whew, I'm glad that everything is alright.

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

I am so glad everything is okay! I bled with Connor and we saw eventually that the ends of the placenta detached, which they didn't see in the ER. I did a little bed rest.

Monaca said...

That is so scary! I'm glad you're doing good.

Hopefully you'll feel well enough to come to Hogle Zoo with us this summer. When I have my plans a little more in stone... I'll let ya know :D

John Williams Tribute