Friday, June 12, 2009
Anniversary
Wow, I've been neglecting my blogging! At the beginning of the week John and I spent a couple of nights in SLC for our anniversary. We stayed at the Armstrong Mansion. I have to say that the thing I was most looking forward to was the quiet and being able to sleep in. Of course I love my kids but I think being away is good for me. Then when it came time to leave them I felt guilty! I didn't know how Enoch was going to do for my mom and dad. Fortunatly he was a perfect little angel and saved all his tantrums for mommy. The sleeping in didn't happen. John is too used to waking up for work and I always have a little face right beside my bed at 7:30 going " Mommy I want lunch". It was really nice though not having anything to do. We saw a movie and shopped. We went to the cemetary where Pres. Hinkley is buried. It is HUGE! We could have wandered all day and still not come close to his gravesite. Surprisingly we did find Johns great-uncle and his wifes grave. We also saw the laser U2 show at the planetarium. It was good. It would have been better if I hadn't had a headache. We went to the temple the next day and then it was back to the business of life. (As I listen to a fun screaming change to a hurt screaming--scratch that--an upset screaming). Anyway it was a nice getaway overall. John needed it as much as I did. He's so wonderful to be working so hard to provide for us. I love him very much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy Anniversary!! I am glad you got some time away and to enjoy the two of you.
Post a Comment