Tuesday, July 14, 2009

School!

Well, school is almost here. We are on a track system so the girls start July 20. Shilee is going into 2nd grade. She's really excited about school but also a little bummed. Most of the kids in her primary class go to a different school and none of her good friends from her 1st grade class are on her track. I'm not too worried about her because she makes friends fast. Amelia on the other hand is going to have a more difficult time. I think I'm more anxious about her starting kindergarten than Shilee was. Shilee didn't care about not knowing anyone, she just wanted to get out and learn and play with new friends. I don't think Millie is going to know anybody and starting something new usually freakes her out. One good thing is that they don't start right away. They go with parents the first day and meet their teacher and classmates. Then they are out the rest of the week while the teachers do individual testing. Then they start the following Tues. She'll be getting a father's blessing so hopefully that will help. Cross your fingers!
Enoch will be all by his lonesome for a couple hours but he's good about playing by himself.
I was going to see about putting him in some kind of preschool. Shilee started in an early program when she was almost 3 but the school district doesn't have that anymore. But Enoch is not as social as Shilee so I decided he wasn't ready. We'll wait until next year. He's learning plenty off of Starfall and PBS kids anyway. He's pretty smart. He still acts a little bit like the baby. If he bonks or falls down he always comes to me and says 'Can you kiss it?". It's really cute but the fake crying when he doesn't get his way is not! And then there's baby #4. I feel her (possibly) moving every day now so it's becoming a bit more real. I just can't believe how fast they are growing and I berate myself when we have lazy days and all they do is sit and watch tv because thats one day that's gone and they are older. I'm trying to do better. It's a work in progress.

2 comments:

Angie said...

I just gotta say, as far as feeling guilty for having them watch TV on lazy days, you and me both!!! I'm also trying to work on that. Not always easy when I feel like I need to take fifty naps a day. And Isaac only needs one... Hang in there!

Lisa said...

So how is the first week of school going? Which track are the kids on? Kids make friends...even Millie will. Parents always come in to the teacher with concerns about whether or not their child will have friends since none are in their class...it's amazing. 99% of the time kids watch out for each other.

I have a picture of Aunt Ada's Katie. Would you believe that she is 17! You'll die when you see her pic.

John Williams Tribute