Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Baby Story!




She's here, finally! This is my birth story so if you don't like or care about that kind of stuff feel free to skip it. I went in on Tues. morning to be induced. I was really nervous about not progressing and ending up with a c-section. They started the pitocin about 8:30. I was at a 2 when I got there and the doctor said maybe by 1 or 2 o'clock. She thought I would start out slow but then go fast in the end. But every time she checked me it was still a 2. Finally I got to a 3. The doctor told me she had started getting a little worried about it. She knew how much I didnt' want a c-section. I was willing to wait a little longer but the doctor had me get my epidural because it can help the blood pressure go down. I guess it worked for that but it starting wearing off. Finally I was at a 5. From there on the pain in the left side of my stomach just started getting worse and worse. 20 min. later I guess I was moaning and hollering enough that the nurse (who was awesome) decided to check me and I was complete! The doctor had to run over from her office and right after she got there the baby was out in about 1 push. I think everyone was amazed at how fast it did happen. Aleah was so tiny but she screamed her head off right away. Everything was fine with her. She has trouble nursing but other than that she's doing really well. My blood pressure, however, did not go down after delivery. I am on a blood pressure medication. We are so thankful that she is here and healthy.

3 comments:

The Calvert Family said...

I'm glad to hear that she's ok, and you are ok (minus the blood pressure) did they say how long that will last or what side effects you will havewith that? How big was she?

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

Congratulations!! She is adorable! I am so happy you have her!

Mandi Roth said...

Sweet Sweet story! Glad your both ok and doing well. What a cutie. How big was she and how long? SO happy for you guys! Cute name.

John Williams Tribute