Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Genius!

Guess what? I have an amazing intelligent child! I know it's that way for every parent but let me sing his praises for just a moment. Enoch has just been spouting amazing things like crazy lately. He loves animals. We go through a book of animals we have and he wants me to tell him the names of them all and he tries to say it back to me. Hearing him try to say rhinoceros is kind of funny. Today at lunch he was having orange yogurt and he looked at it and said "orange". I hadn't even told him what color it was! Of course he does believe that if he stands in front of me and grabs both my legs he won't have to go to nursery. That's not too smart.
Shilee is doing well in first grade but Millie misses her during the day. She gets a little bored. Enoch has taken to following her around and copying everything she does. It is really interesting to see the dynamics between the two with Shilee gone all day.
We are still jobless but we really feel that everything will be ok. After a little struggling and humbling that is. Things won't get too desperate until the end of Aug. I've applied for a position with the school district but I have to find out the hours before I decide if I can take it. It would start with traditional school around Aug. 27th. Until then it is nice that I can just leave and not have to take the kids with me.

1 comment:

The Calvert Family said...

I sure hop that everything works out ok for you guys. Your house is gorgeous. I am so happy for you! Congrats on the genius for a son, hehehe.

John Williams Tribute