Friday, August 8, 2008

Great Cinema

Check out the Star Wars videos at the bottom. The first and fourth ones are kinda funny, the third one is just plain stupid (if I could get rid of it I would) but the second one is the best. It's Star Wars clips set to 'In the End" by Linkin Park. It's the perfect song for the story of Anakin.
On to the big screen. I went and saw 'Mamma Mia!' the other night with friends. It is such a good movie! I've never seen the play but I've heard the music. I went right out and bought the sound track. Who knew Pierce Brosnan could sing! (Decently anyway. Not broadway quality).
If I'd have known it was that good I would have dug up the money to go see it when we were in Vegas. We just never thought it was that important to spend the money to see plays.
I've also seen the Mummy recently. I heard it got bad reviews but I'm a huge Brendan Fraser fan so I enjoyed it. The only thing I really didn't like was that Rachel Wiesz was not back to play Evie. The other actress did an o.k. job but it just wasn't the same. The next one one I'd like to go see is 'The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2'.

1 comment:

The Calvert Family said...

Did you guys see betman. That was hands down one of the best made movies I've ever seen. It's great so if you haven't then do , but don't take kids it's pretty intense.

John Williams Tribute