Friday, September 12, 2008
Oh the GENES!
A couple weeks ago Shilee had a vision screening at school. She brought home a paper that suggested we get her eyes checked because she coudn't read the line she was supposed to be able to read. I've been waiting for either her CHIP card or our new insurance cards to come so I could take her in. I didn't take it too seriously because I had her eyes checked last year before school and he said she didnt' need glasses but she probubly would in a couple years. I took her in yesterday and she definitely needs glasses. Either the last doctor was wrong or her vision got bad quickly in only a year. It isn't really a surprise since John and I both have vision problems (John had laser correction surgery and I have a contact for one eye but I don't wear it). And all four Grandparents do/did wear glasses. So do most of her aunts and uncles. It's in the genes. I was just hoping it could wait a few more years. This is what she said about it "Can we take a picture of me with my new glasses and put it up on our thingy so if Aubrey looks at it she can see it". Obviously she's more excited about showing them off than anything else. So as soon as she gets her new glasses we'll post a picture for all to see and admire!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that's cute. i remember being young and wanting glasses, and never getting them, because i could see just fine. But now i have them and definitely don't want to show them off. hehe!! Hope she wears them.
I will have to make sure Aubrey sees them!
Too cute.
Post a Comment