Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Why my kids can't walk to school

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/parenting/this-is-why-my-kids-cant-walk-to-school-529441/

And this isn't the only child I've heard about lately. I walk with them when it's warm (and I'm not pregnant:). Maybe when they get into junior high and if they have a friend to walk with them but I don't think I'll ever be comfortable with them going anywhere by themselves.
My heart and prayers go out to this family.

1 comment:

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

I saw 2 guys sitting in a car watching all the kids walking home, it was far enough from school that it was VERY suspicious. It was like they were waiting for a straggler so I turned around twice and sat there facing them a ways off just to make sure other kids were safe. When I got out of the car to talk to a lady nearby they drove off so I got in and got their License Number and house number. I called to report it and they didn't take any of it down and said they had to catch him in the act. I won't let the kids do it unless I am there with them.

John Williams Tribute