Monday, May 10, 2010

Poor Shilee

We went to my mother in laws yesterday for mothers day and the kids were playing outside. She had a rope swing in the tree in her front yard. WEll Enoch comes wondering into the house and very calmly says that Shilee fell off the swing and got hurt. I wasn't too worried but I wondered why she hadn't come in. I thought maybe she landed wrong on her ankle or something. John and I both went out and there was Shilee kneeling under the swing with her very long hair completely wrapped around the rope. It was stuck tight right to her scalp. And I'm sorry if this is written in yellow I have no idea why. We tried to unwrap it but it just wasn't working. I mentioned cutting her hair but she freaked out at that idea. We finally cut the rope and were able to slide and spin her hair off. She was very sore until her cousin showed up then she was ready to play again. I hope this is a lesson for her. I'm always telling her to brush it and pull it back especially when she's playing or eating. If I had my camera I would have taken a picture, it was a little bit funny.

4 comments:

Larsen Mom said...

This is Shilees comment "It was NOT funny!"

wallysworld21 said...

ouch! Being a Girl is tough.

Debbie said...

She'll look back at that years from now and think it was funny. Actually it is kind of funny but it wouldn't have been if she'd had to cut her hair.

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

Poor girl! I was totally laughing that half of the post was yellow!

I am now caught up on your old posts. I just started counting calories on a site
http://www.livestrong.com/myplate/
I never thought I would get to that point but I just want to loose weight and just can't seem to do it. So I can still eat the foods I love but I just eat smaller portions. I have only done it 5 days now but I have lost 5 pounds already just by doing that and not even exercising. Find the thing where you put in your weight and how much you want to loose a week (I have mine set to 1 1/2 pounds a week) and then I just keep it open all day and add the things I eat. You can type in the name brands and nearly everything is listed even store name brands.

John Williams Tribute