Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Vacation Pics

Finally, some pictures from our trip. It was our 10 year anniversary in May so as soon as school was out John and I left the kids with Grandmas and Papa and took off. We were only gone 4 days so it was a quick trip. I wish we could have had 1 or 2 more days to drive there and back so it didn't feel so rushed but it was fun anyway. The pictures are backward as I can't seem to load them in order.

At a resteraunt in Eureka, Ca. I was really looking forward to visiting this quaint little seaside town but it was a little disappointing. It was really windy and it just didn't look as nice and sweet as the pictures. I was able to get the kids some rock candy at a cute little candy shop there.

The squirrels had no fear.

I loved this! We drove down the northern Cal. Redwood Hwy. It came out along the coast several times and it was so gorgeous.



Wow! That's a big tree!

The pictures don't do it justice. You can't get the scope of it till you're standing below one of these trees. One of the groves we went to had trees 300-500 yrs old!

Grants Pass, OR. They had a display set up in a parking lot. Bears on Harleys.
Terminater Bear

Yogi Bear


The stop were we had lunch before heading back up the river.

We saw Blue Herons, Eagles, Ospreys, & Turkey Vultures.


This is a boat just like the one we were in. The driver would stop suddenly and spin. It was a lot of fun.

It was cold and rainy! To start with anyway. We were the only ones in shorts with no jackets.

No comments:

John Williams Tribute